Where We Started and Where We Are Today
The firm that is now Coulter & Justus, P.C. began in the 1930′s in Knoxville, Tennessee. From the 1950′s to 1993, the firm was the Knoxville office of the international accounting firm of Ernst & Young. In 1993, Ernst & Young partners, Sam Coulter and Ron Justus, acquired the Knoxville practice that became Coulter & Justus, P.C.
For over 80 years, we have provided services to a highly diverse group of clients. Today, this tradition continues as both our services and clients continue to grow.
While we remain a Knoxville based firm, our services now extend well beyond East Tennessee as our client base has grown and expanded. Resources outside of the United States include CPAmerica, an alliance of leading independent accounting and consulting firms worldwide. This organization provides access to member firms for the exchange of technical resources, ideas, staff members and client referrals and services, both inbound and outbound.
In 2014, Coulter & Justus was honored among the best in business, with a Pinnacle Business Award for the Business Excellence Award mid-sized business category. The award was presented by the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce. The Pinnacle Awards recognize East Tennessee businesses that have established a national or international reputation and have demonstrated remarkable profitability, growth, and stability.
Coulter & Justus, PC is a member of international, alliances of leading independent accounting and consulting firms worldwide. Through active participation in those organizations we have enhanced our international service capabilities. Active membership in these international organizations supports the fluid exchange of technical resources, ideas, staff members and client referrals and services, both inbound and outbound, throughout the world.
As a result, we offer an exceptionally broad range of services, including:
- International tax services
- Foreign tax planning and compliance
- Transfer pricing strategies
- Foreign investments
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Audits, reviews, compilations, agreed-upon procedures, and internal control assistance
- Tax planning, compliance and consulting services at the local, state and federal level
- Forensic accounting and litigation support services, including lost profit calculations, fraud investigations and expert witness testimony
- Our affiliate, Coulter & Justus Wealth Advisors provides comprehensive financial and planning and investment services