Corporate Wellness Defined
Performance Training Inc. is a leading fitness company that provides results-driven program management, consulting, and wellness programs to corporations and communities across the United States. In today’s constantly evolving marketplace companies need to manage expenses to stay lean and competitive. Employee health, motivation, and loyalty are essential for a company to be productive and profitable.
- Workplace Stress costs U.S. employers an estimated $200 Billion dollars per year in absenteeism, lower productivity, staff turnover, workers’ compensation, medical insur ance and other stress-related expenses.
- Unanticipated absenteeism is estimated to cost $602 per worker per year and the price tag for large companies is estimated close to $3.5 million annually.
- Obesity costs employer’s $1,800-$5,000 more than normal weight individuals.
Our mission is to build and create a comprehensive, total body, wellness program for corporate employees. We believe that focusing on health and wellness enhances the quality of life, well-being, and productivity for all involved. We specialize in on-site/off-site operations management, strategic planning and staff selection. We offer program development and implementation along with health/wellness program design. We are personalized, oriented and sensitive to each facility’s needs/goals.
Each program is specifically tailored to the involved company. We offer short-term and long-term programs; as well as design, implement, and oversee the overall schematics for corporate wellness as a whole. We offer the ability to implement goal achievement, point systems, and incentives for employees involved in the program. Which proves not only to be effective, but to retain and motivate all involved as well.
Why worksite wellness? When it comes to worksite wellness, indecision and complacency can have major ramifications. Consider these health trends impacting America today:
- Chronic diseases related to lifestyle account for 70% of the nation’s medical-care cost.
- Unhealthy lifestyles account for up to 40% of all deaths in the U.S.
- On average, people who are physically active outlive those who are inactive.
- According to the Guardian study, among employers that see a value in wellness programs, 68% of small employers, 78% of midsize employers and 69% of large employers want their insurance carriers to play a role in helping their company implement wellness and prevention programs to help reduce absenteeism and healthcare costs.
- Wellness programs do not have to be expensive to implement. It makes sense for most companies of all sizes to offer some type of program that encourages workers to lead healthier lives. Cutting edge insurance companies embed wellness programs into their insurance plans at no additional costs and offer incentives to companies that encourage their employees to live healthier lifestyles.
The Good News:
- Every $1 invested in employee wellness programs yields roughly $4 savings through reduced sick days, higher productivity and decreased health costs. Source: Corporate Wellness Magazine
- Studies show that nationwide, companies who implement a health and wellness program reduce their claims up to $250 per employee.
- Companies will notice a decrease in healthcare costs once they incorporate a wellness program into the workplace. For example, Johnson and Johnson reduced its absenteeism rate by 15 percent within two years of introducing its wellness program. The company also cut its hospital costs by 34 percent after just three years.
Research shows that employees enrolled in a corporate fitness program are:
- Less likely to make errors at work
- Up to three times more productive
- Healthier, leading to a reduction in employee healthcare cost
- More motivated and have higher self esteem and morale
- More accountable, decreasing employee absenteeism
- More loyal to the company and their peers
Your health is the most important thing you have. We here it day in and day out that we need to find the time to be active. This is where we help get you started.
Performance Training, Inc. provides quarterly screening and assessments, on-site or at a designated location, which will initially establish the employee’s baseline and continually track their progress throughout the program. Initial and follow up testing will score employees in a variety of fitness elements, including: Flexibility, Muscular Endurance, Cardiovascular Fitness and BMI (Body Mass Index).
Individual Consultations/ Meetings
Performance Training, Inc. will schedule quarterly consultations/meetings (usually done immediately following the fitness assessments) with all employees involved in the program to discuss realistic goal setting & attainment, progress towards goals, risk factor evaluation, and fitness and health changes.
Complete Metabolic Panel
Performance Training, Inc. will provide a quarterly Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) on-site, which includes measuring electrolytes, Liver function, Protein stores, Blood Sugar, Kidney function, Hypertension, and a Lipid panel (cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglycerides).
Expected Benefits from Testing
These tests allow us to assess your physical working capacity and to assess your physical fitness status. The results are used to prescribe a safe, sound exercise program for you. Records are kept strictly confidential unless you consent to release this information. If you have any questions about the procedures used in the fitness assessment tests we encourage you to ask us questions or explain in further detail.
PTI offers a unique variety of fitness classes for your employees at designated times throughout the day. Classes can be conducted onsite or at one of our fitness centers. Class frequencies and durations are implemented specifically for the needs of your corporation. We understand employees have different fitness goals and fitness levels. More importantly, we understand individuals have different needs when it comes to finding the right class for achieving those goals. Our certified fitness professionals are able to include exercise modifications based on physical limitations of employees.
Some Sample Classes are as Follows:
- Core & Balance
- Walking & Running
- Functional Mobility
- Exercise Fundamentals
- Interval Weight Training
- High Intensity Training
- Rejuvenation & Stress Release
- Boot Camps
- Ask The Trainer Q&A Sessions
Fitness Classes Designed for:
- Weight Loss
- Muscular Toning
- Cardiovascular Conditioning
- Increased Flexibility
- Stress Relief
- Balance & Proprioception
With a Nutrition Fitness Coach on staff, Performance Training, Inc. can provide one-on-one nutrition counseling & guidance to employees. Each employee is different, from work schedules, family life, wellness goals, health concerns, etc., one-on-one guidance allows the nutrition coach to make suggestions on meal planning and hold the employee accountable to what they need to succeed.
Other Nutrition Services:
- Grocery store tours
- Cooking classes
- Kitchen/pantry makeover
- Weigh-ins and food log review
- Email support
- Restaurant guidance and meal selection
- Educational Clinics (i.e. “Lunch & Learns”)
Performance Training, Inc. provides monthly – or specified duration – programs/clinics for staff education on issues of concern or intrigue. Below are some example topics.
- Eating healthy on a budget
- Stretching and Flexibility
- Back Care
- Stress Management
- The Importance of eating breakfast
- Balancing your daily intake of carbs, protein and fat
- Weight management and basic nutrition
PTI University is the most ambitious and comprehensive lifestyle change program we offer. Participants are screened for their readiness to change among a variety of other factors prior to enrollment. PTI University will teach and lead you along every step in your fitness journey.
Workshops and services of PTI – U include:
- Healthy Eating guidelines from a certified nutrition coach
- Exercise Programming tips with a certified fitness specialist
- Individual consulting and 24/7 access to your Life Change Coach
- Group exercise
- Multiple pre- during and post measurements to make sure you are staying on track to meet your fitness goals.
Average PTI – U Participants have achieved:
- 4.5″ Waist reduction
- 4″ Hip reduction
- 13 lbs of fat reduced
- Subjective Post Test Surveys rate PTI U a 9/10
Performance Training, Inc. Fitness Center Management and Staffing
Staffing a corporate fitness center takes a lot of experience. Even more importantly, it takes the right management team to put the correct staff in place that will take ownership of the fitness center. The correct staff has the ability to change the culture of the employees that enter the fitness center.
Fitness Center Design, Layout, Implementation and Service
PTI understands how to design the layout of a corporate fitness center so that it will influence member behavior, creating a welcoming environment for all employees. PTI will work on assessing what design and layout is optimal to maximize usage. PTI works with top fitness equipment manufacturing companies to deliver high quality products.
Other offerings we include:
- Executive Travel Workout Package
- Company Stretching Programs
- Question and Answer Email Service
- Gym and Equipment Orientations
- Employee Appreciation Day Games and Events